Maya Cinemas Pittsburgh - Scholarshop Opportunity
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF APPLICATION FORM
- PLEASE DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM (PDF).
- FILL OUT APPLICATION.
- BRING COMPLETED APPLICATION TO YOUR GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
- DEADLINE TO RETURN COMPLETED APPLICATION IS MARCH 31, 2017.
- SEE MORE DETAILED INFORMATION BELOW.
Award criteria includes:
- Graduating Contra Costa County high school senior who has demonstrated a high level of participation in extracurricular activities to improve the positive outcomes of others in his/her community through volunteerism, mentoring and the embodiment of the characteristics of kindness, compassion and leadership.
- The scholarship application committee will also review the quality of letters of recommendation, essay and attention to detail in the application.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANT
To be considered for this scholarship, the application must include:
• Completed application form
• Letter of recommendation from an instructor
• Letter of recommendation from a member of the community who has benefited from your extracurricular activities
• Official high school transcript
• Proof of FAFSA application
• Personal essay: Express what you have done to improve the community through your actions, including measurable
outcomes as a result of your efforts. Explain how you practice kindness, compassion and leadership in your actions as a
student, a member of the community and through your extracurricular activities. Maximum length two pages.
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINES
- Applications may be picked up at the High School Guidance Office, downloaded HERE or picked up directly from the Maya Pittsburg Century Plaza 16 Cinemas, 4085 Century Blvd., Pittsburg, CA 94565.
- Completed applications must be submitted to your guidance counselor by March 31, 2017.
- The Maya Education Fund Scholarship Committee will select and contact the scholarship winners by Friday, April 28, 2017. Winners must show proof of acceptance and enrollment in any post-secondary education/training institution by Friday, Sept. 1, 2017.
Scholarship funds will be sent directly to the post-secondary education/training institution to be applied to the student’s tuition account. Scholarship quantities and amounts will vary depending upon the fund.